January 2021 in Review

 My phrase of the year is 'Follow Through'.I have posted only one update for the entire month of January, so I thought it was time for another. I have always been the queen of great ideas, but lack the discipline to follow through with the plans I worked hard on. I have been working on following through. I have always wanted a cutting machine and to break the cycle of the same old recipes that we have had for years. The month of January was another busy month. I have been experimenting with food and crafts. I finally got my Silhouette Cameo and work area set up. I have done a few projects. 

I have watched a few tutorials on facebook groups for the top two projects. I wish I had canvases at home, the painting I did on card stock for practice, and love it. So I will end up repeating this one. I have someone special getting married in July and I hope to build my skills to make a one of a kind present. 




This craft came in a subscription kit. I live in the country, an hour away from any craft supply store, so I love when boxes come with all the supplies needed for the project. 
My hubby's thought is to put this welcome sign on our camper when we camp this summer. I cannot wait until good weather. This winter has been unusually mild. Mild until Thursday evening, it snowed over 18 inches overnight and all week it is forecasted for windchills of -30F.

I also have been busy experimenting with new recipes. We tried Sloppy Joe Pizza

Reviews from the family were all thumbs up. I did make this dough. I will be making it again. 



Reviews from the family were all thumbs up. We will be having this again also. 

Another recipe we tried was Ham and Cheese pinwheels 

Reviews from the family were all thumbs up. I did make this dough. I will be making it again. 

My niece is selling Color Street Nail Strips and I hosted a facebook party. I was a bit skeptical but I have fallen in love with them. 



The first few times were trial and error, but once I got the hang of it, and applied double layers. I love them. They run between $11-$13 but there are deals available on occasion.

My 89-year-old grandmother lives with us, so we continue to avoid people and germs. We did get her first COVID vaccine and the second is scheduled for next Friday. We have continued to stay home which has been great for my grades.

This is my final grade in the class I just finished HUM6100 Group Theories and Human Systems. I did enjoy this class. I am so happy to say that I have three more classes remaining to get finished with my Masters of Art in Human Services. 


How was your January 2021? did you still to your plan/phrase of the year?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OCEAN nasal care products giveaway winner announcement

Konsyl review and Giveaway

A Product Review and my first GIVEAWAY!!