Happy New Year and Word of the Year


I have been following the Money Saving Mom for a number of years. She has been an inspiration over the past decade or so to me. This past year she and her family fostered a newborn and had their own newborn. They have three older children, three teenagers! Anyhow she picks a word for the New Year, this year she chose two Show-Up. Show-Up is perfect for her, and if you read the post I linked you will understand why. I am once again inspired by her so I am thinking of a word or a phrase of the year that is suitable for my new year. 

The last year 2020 rocked the world, and my world. The CORONA virus, working from home, uncountable ZOOM meetings, job loss all weighed heavy on me. I am notorious for coming up with great ideas and getting all inspired and excited. I have so many projects started, all started with good intentions and life has gotten in the way, or I lost interest. I make plans and never follow through, hence my phrase for the year 2021 is going to be 'follow-through', or "finish it up'. Which do you think is more catchy? 

The big project I am working on this year is my master's degree. in 2015 I enrolled at Ashford University to finish my bachelor's in Health and Human Services. Upon graduating, I made the decision to enroll in a master's program in Public Health. A few classes in, I decided Public Health is not for me. I enjoy helping people and building community, but not on a systemic level. I changed to Human Services, helping people on a personal level is the perfect fit. I have 3.5 more classes to go. My projected graduation date is June 28, 2021. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OCEAN nasal care products giveaway winner announcement

Konsyl review and Giveaway

A Product Review and my first GIVEAWAY!!