Recipe Review: Beer Brat Bites

I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas. We sure did, we had a houseful. My oldest son is home from college for a month on winter break. My Mom was here and my Gram lives here. Everyone was pleased with their gifts and we had a delicious big meal.
These beer brat bites are the perfect party snack.
photo credit: Sara at Dinner at the Zoo

We have been making our way through all of the leftovers in the fridge and freezer. If leftovers have sat in the fridge for too long I move them to the freezer. I have a shelf in one of the freezers that are designated for bits and pieces of leftover. Things that sit on this shelf is not enough for an entire meal but need to be used. I had a package of four leftover brats that I was determined to use today. I searched the internet for a recipe. I found an interesting recipe at the blog Dinner at the Zoo. I have to say, I giggled at the name of the blog and thought Girl you are talking directly to me. Sometimes mealtime resembles dinner time at the zoo. So needless to say I was intrigued. The recipe called for an entire package of brats.  I thought to myself, there are only four of us home and it is the perfect time for a little snack. I made the Beer Brat Bites recipe is here. I wish I thought about taking a photo, but honestly, my photo would not be as pretty as on Sara's blog, because we used a paper bowl and only one toothpick per person.

Everyone enjoyed the Beer Brat Bites. My 16 year old was a bit hesitant because he was the one that I asked to retrieve a can of beer from the fridge in the basement. But once he tried it the snack disappeared. My Gram asked what the sauce was made from and said it was delicious. My 20 year old also enjoyed it. I like the fact that is was thickened with corn starch as it is gluten-free and so very yummy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OCEAN nasal care products giveaway winner announcement

A Product Review and my first GIVEAWAY!!

Konsyl review and Giveaway