Last Week's Frugal Wins and Not so Much



I have really stunk at keeping the blog updated, my apologies. Life has been crazy busy. In February, we packed up my Grandmother's apartment and moved her 5 hours into our home. Things are going very well and my spur of the moment road trips 5 hours away are now none existent, which is the biggest frugal win of the entire year so far.

My youngest son was confirmed into the congregation of our church. this is a huge blessing because our beloved pastor is due to retire next month. My son has graduated from High School. We all survived his party, whew so glad to have that done. It was fun to see everyone, but a bit stressful. I graduated with my Bachelor's in Health and Human Services from my online college. Also, I have started my Master's in Public Health. Which all may sound expensive but my employer offers tuition reimbursement.

Now for the frugal wins for last week.
I put in our 'garden' which consists of a few little rows of green onions, spinach and two different kinds of lettuce. In buckets, I planted two tomato plants and a snap pea plant. It has rained all but one night so I did not have to water them.

We celebrated my oldest son's birthday at home, with steak on the grill. My Hubby grills steak at home better then any restuarant can. We did purchase pricey steaks but less than one steak dinner in a restaurant.

I made Humming Bird food to refill our feeders. My recipe I found somewhere online, 4 cups of boiling water and 1 cup of sugar.

I combined all errands with trips in and back from work so no extra trips.

I did get my winter tires switched to the summer. While they had the car up on the lift I asked them to inspect the brakes. The estimate I got was well over $800.  The estimate included brake pads all the way around, caliper and two struts in the rear. I had them only switch the tires at this time. I checked with the dealer where we purchased the car because we have a 3-year service contract. The caliper and struts are covered under the contract. The car has an appointment on Monday to get fixed, the dealer also has also does not have a labor rate of $130 an hour.

We have chickens and they are busy laying eggs like crazy. We are overrun with eggs, I am building up a customer base. We charge $3 a dozen, our customers are thrilled, it also helps to pay for the feed. We pay $15 for a month worth of feed, so if I sell 5 dozen a month the chickens pay for themselves.

What have you done frugal this week?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OCEAN nasal care products giveaway winner announcement

Konsyl review and Giveaway

A Product Review and my first GIVEAWAY!!