In the Mood for Something Sweet, but TOO Hot to Bake

All of the men in my life have a sweet tooth, and loving to bake, normally that is not a challenge. But this week it has been so warm, I am not willing to turn on the oven, only to heat up the house more. So I went researching for something sweet that did not require the oven to make. I found a yummy sounding recipe for peanut brittle.

I found this recipe on Cooks.com

EASY PEANUT BRITTLE
2 c. sugar
1 c. white Karo syrup
1/2 c. water
2 c. raw peanuts
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. soda

Cook sugar, syrup, and water until it spins a thread. Add peanuts and cook until peanuts pop open and mixture turns a golden brown. Remove from fire, add vanilla and soda. Pour into 2 buttered pans, about 9x13 inches.



This is the final results and everyone in my house gave the recipe a thumbs up. Truth be told, there was none left the next day for my husband's lunch box treats. We will be using this recipe again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OCEAN nasal care products giveaway winner announcement

A Product Review and my first GIVEAWAY!!

Konsyl review and Giveaway