so I failed again!

so sorry if anyone even reads this! My DH got laided off one month ago to the day. So things have changed and changed a lot. He is looking for work but of course there is none to be had, we are not in total panic mode yet.

I got myself a little part time job cleaning a house for some one I know. I hope to expand the hours as we go. I have also started taking a few cake orders from friends and family, in hopes to raise a few bucks.

I have done pretty well with my pantry challenge, but have not post the details, sorry. I have applied for medicaid, and food stamps also so that may be another route of writing for me. I surely am glad that we are not starving because i has been a good 3 weeks since I applied and no word yet.

I am also taking a course to become a medical transcriptionist starting about 2 weeks ago as well so lots of news from here.

OH also we 'won' ok, well the kids won two gold fish last night so they are our household new creatures. We orders 6 baby chickens today also, so I am excited to have new babies on the property!!

that is about it for now.

Comments

Nancy M. said…
I'm sorry your husband lost his job! This happened to us last year and it was quite stressful for a while. But, it ended up being a blessing in disguise. Now he works a lot closer to home, but makes less money, which makes me try to be more thrifty.
So sorry to hear about your dh. I can relate a bit. Almost three years ago my dh got his hours cut, shift change, and our daughter had to have surgery(a portion we had to pay for since insurance would not cover it fully.) Our bills started piling up...we had to sell our van and later our car (we did manage with dh's old truck and then later we saved up to buy another van outright.) It was hard for a while. Just pray and keep hope. We have come a long way since then and finally able to see light again. Last year dh got offered a job in a different department, a raise, and more hours. The Lord has a way of bringing it full circle. I have to agree with Nancy M..it was that situation that turned to a blessing. We now know how to manage our finances better, realize what are really needs and wants, and it taught me how to be more frugal:) TY for your kind comment on my blog..I hope everything works out. Congrats on the new chicks too..I would love to see pics.
Gwen said…
Thank you both for your kind comments! I do believe when one door shuts another one opens! We have been spending a lot of time together as a family and in the end you can only be thankful for that blessing!
My two sweet little boys enjoy having Daddy around a lot :)

Popular posts from this blog

OCEAN nasal care products giveaway winner announcement

A Product Review and my first GIVEAWAY!!

Konsyl review and Giveaway